Buying a Home
Buying a home is one of the most significant financial investments in your life. It's also an important personal decision. Coldwell Banker M.M. Parrish Realtors® is there to help you through this complicated time. We offer buyer services above and beyond any other area company. But to us, it's all in a day's work! Just ask us about our Buyer Services Guarantee! Below are some helpful tips for anyone thinking of buying a home. In addition, check out “Where Do I Start, First Steps Toward Buying A Home.”
To help get you started, here are some helpful home buying tips:
- Get pre-approved by a lender before you start your search. You'll know exactly what you can afford, you can act immediately when you find the home you want, and sellers are more comfortable accepting your offer.
- Visualize. Look past the seller's decorating. Use your imagination. Only count the things that can't be changed as negatives.
- Measure your furniture. Take measurements of your large or oddly shaped pieces of furniture and bring the numbers and a tape measure with you on your appointments so you'll know your things will fit.
- Is there a Homeowners Association? If so, what are the fees? What do they cover? What are the restrictive covenants?
- Don't assume everything you see is included. Make sure the offer you write lists everything you want (including appliances, fans, etc.) .
- When you find what you want, take action immediately. Think how you'll feel if you wait a day and lose the house.
- Have a professional home inspection. A qualified inspector will take an in-depth, unbiased look at your potential new home. He or she will evaluate the physical condition and mechanical systems, identify items that need to be repaired or replaced and estimate the remaining useful life of the major systems and equipment.
- Get your homeowners insurance commitment early. If a hurricane comes within a certain distance from Florida, you may not be able to obtain a homeowners insurance policy. You can get a commitment for insurance as early as 30 days before closing, so it's a good idea to get a commitment well in advance.
- Have a walk-through. Set up an appointment to walk-through and view the house before closing to be sure everything still works and that requested repairs have been made.
- Have professional representation for the closing and contract preparation.
Remember, our Associates are there to help you through these issues and any others that come along!
- Listening: We learn from our buyers, to be more responsive to your needs.
- Home-finding plan: We follow a customized, detailed plan to find the right home for you.
- We know what;s important: Communication - We keep you informed; Affordability - We find the perfect home within your price range; Needs - We find homes with the characteristics most important to you; Convenience - We simplify the home buying process.
- Access to the most homes: Our agents have access to the largest number of homes for sale. Let our agents know what type of house you are looking for and we will do the rest. We will bring you an always updated list of available properties, arrange to show you the properties you are interested in, help you present an offer, and work side by side with you all the way to closing.
- We are with you every step of the way: The home buying process is easy when one of our highly trained and trusted agents is buy your side. Don’t go it alone, let Coldwell Banker M.M. Parrish help you achieve your home buying goals.
At Coldwell Banker M.M. Parrish, we take pride in helping every buyer we work with find the right house in the right location at the right price. Here is how:
Quick Links: Gainesville Real Estate, Gainesville Homes For Sale, Gainesville, FL Real Estate, Gainesville Foreclosures, Gainesville Short Sales, Gainesville Realty, Gainesville Commercial Real Estate, Gainesville for rent.